- Ph.D, Florida State University
- Master's of Science, Florida State University
- Bachelor's of Science, Lebanese University
- Youth Informatics
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Information Retrieval
- Child-computer information interaction
- Cognitive and affective youth information experiences
- Usability and User Experience (UX)
- INSC 588 Human-Computer Interaction
- INSC 582 Information Systems Design and Implementation
- INSC 680 Information Science Theory
- INSC 593 Seminar in Youth Informatics
- CCI 660 Seminar in Human-Computer Interaction and User Experience
- INSC 310: Information Seeking: Resources and Strategies
My favorite thing about working at SIS is:
“Mentoring students to become independent thinkers, inspiring students to become active in research, and making a difference in students' lives.”
- ACM SIG IR
- Lebanese Library Association/IFLA Oceania
- Bilal, D., & Huang, L. M. (2019). Readability and word complexity of SERPs snippets and web pages on children’s search queries: Google vs Bing. Aslib Journal of Information Management, 71(2), 241-259.
- Bilal, D., & Gwizdka, J. (2018). Children’s query types and reformulations in Google search. Information Processing and Management, 54(6), 1022-1041
- Bilal, D., & Bachir, I. (2007). Children’s interaction with international and multilingual digital libraries: I. Understanding interface design representations. Information Processing & Management, 43(1), 47-64.
- Bilal, D., & Kirby, J. (2002). Differences and similarities in information seeking: Children and adults as Web users. Information Processing & Management, 38(5), 649-670.
- Bilal, D. (2000). Children's use of the Yahooligans! Web search engine. I. Cognitive, physical, and affective behaviors on fact-based tasks. Journal of the American Society for Information Science, 51(7), 646-665.