Areas of Expertise:
- Research Methodologies and Methods
- Database Management
- Information Seeking Behaviors
- Data Analytics
- Open Peer Review in Open Science
- INSC 504, Research Methods
- INSC 584, Database Management System
- INSC 592, Data Analytics
- INSC 505, ePortfolio
- INSC 384, Database Design
- INSC 484, Database Implementation
My favorite thing about working at SIS is:
To teach is to learn again; to research is to see beyond; to serve is to utilize my learning and research.
- Association for Information Science & Technology
- International Society for Scientometrics and Informetrics
- Association for Library and Information Science Education
- Peiling Wang, Sukjin You, Manasa Rath, & Dietmar Wolfram (2016). Open Peer Review: A Web Mining Study to Observe PeerJ Authors and Reviewers. Journal of Data and Information Science , September, 2016 [Open Access Journal]
- Peiling Wang, William B. Hawk, and Carol Tenopir. (2000). Users’ Interaction with World Wide Web resources: An exploratory study using a holistic approach, Information Processing & Management, 36(2): 229-251.
- Peiling Wang and Marilyn Domas White (1999). A cognitive model of document use during a research project. Study II: Decisions at reading and citing stages, JASIS, Vol. 50, No. 2, 98-114.
- Peiling Wang (c2001). Methodologies and methods for user behavioral research. Annual Review of Information Science and Technology, Vol. 34, 1999, 53-99.
- Peiling Wang and Dagobert Soergel (1998). A cognitive model of document use during a research project. Study I: Document selection, JASIS, Vol. 49, No. 2, 115-133. (Best JASIS Paper Award)