442 Communications Building
- PhD, University at Albany, State University of New York
- MPA, University at Albany, State University of New York
- MS, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- BE, University of Mumbai, India
- Technology (adoption, use)
- Information (access, use, behavior, literacy)
- Academic libraries (students)
- Public libraries (innovations)
- Communities (health, small businesses)
- INSC 380/451 – Information Management in Organizations
- INSC 514 – Information Technology Foundations
- INSC 530 – Information Access & Retrieval
- INSC 542 – Social Informatics
- INSC 580/585 – Information Technologies
- INSC 550 – Management of Information Organizations
- INSC 591 and 594 – Independent Project/Research & Graduate Research Participation
My favorite thing about working at SIS is:
The academic freedom for conducting research to address vulnerabilities in our society, and the pleasure of training information professionals who will make this world a better place.
- ALISE (Association for Library and Information Science Education)
- ASIS&T (Association for Information Science & Technology)
- ALA (American Library Association)
- International Federation for Information Processing Working Group on the Social Implications of Computers in Developing Countries
- AIS (Association for Information Systems)
- Potnis, D., & Mallary, K. (2021). Proposing an information value chain to improve information services to disabled library patrons using assistive technologies. Journal of Information Science. https://journals.sagepub.com/eprint/MY6JPUKNVB2T3GUHPPNX/full
- Potnis, D. & Gala, B. (2020). Best practices for conducting fieldwork with marginalized communities. Information Processing & Management. 57(3), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ipm.2019.102144
- Potnis, D., Deosthali, K., Zhu, X., & McCusker, R. (2018). Factors Influencing Undergraduate Use of e-books: A Mixed Methods Study. Library & Information Science Research, 40(2), 106-117.
- Potnis, D. & Allard, S. (2018). Training LIS Students as Mobile Technology Consultants for Libraries and Not-for-Profit Organizations. Journal of Education for Library and Information Science, 59(4), 253-264.
- Potnis, D. (2015). Beyond Access to Information: Understanding the Use of Information by Poor Female Mobile Users in Rural India. The Information Society, 31(1), 83-93.