Xiaohua (Awa) Zhu
448 Communications Bldg
- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin – Madison, Library and Information Studies, 2011
- Master of Management, Sun Yat-Sen University (China), Library Science, 2004
- Bachelor of Science, Sun Yat-Sen University (China), Computer Science, 2002
- Bachelor of Management, Sun Yat-Sen University (China), Information Science, 2001
- intellectual property
- digital rights management
- open access/open data
- academic libraries
- social informatics
- information policy
- INSC 520 Information Organization and Representation
- INSC 512 Information Organization and Retrieval
- INSC 534 Government Information Sources
- INSC 597 Information Architecture
- INSC 565 Digital Libraries
My favorite thing about working at SIS is:
To talk to my students, who never cease to inspire me.
- Zhu, X. (2019). Innovation in search of a context: The early history of Lexis. Information and Culture: A Journal of History, 54(2), 220-242.
- Zhu, X., & Freeman, M. A. (2019). An evaluation of U.S. municipal open data portals: A user interaction framework. Journal of Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 70(1), 27-37.
- Zhu, X. (2017). The failure of an early episode in the open government data movement: A historical case study. Government Information Quarterly, 34(2), 256-269.
- Zhu, X. (2016). Driven adaptation: A grounded theory study on licensing electronic resources. Library & Information Science Research, 38(1), 69-80.
- Zhu, X., & Cho, M. (2018). The end of ownership?: An investigation of users’ preferences and perceptions of ownership configurations. Proceedings of the 81st ASIS&T Annual Meeting (634-643), Vancouver, BC, Canada, November 10—14, 2018.