2009 – 2012 Identifying Practices and Tools to Promote newcomer Participation in Cyber learning Environments. Funded by: National Science Foundation (NSF) IEEE-Exploratory Grant V. Singh, PI ($200,000)
- Holt, L. and Singh, V. (2013). Self-direction and Open Source Software Forum Participants: Characteristics and Relationships. International Journal of Self-Directed Learning.
- Holt, L. and Singh, V. (2012). “Self-direction and Open Source Software Forum Participants: Characteristics and Relationships” International Journal of Self-Directed Learning, Volume 9, Number 2, Fall 2012, Page 28-43
- Singh, V. and Holt, L. (2012). Learning and Best Practices for Learning in Open Source Software Communities, Computers and Education 63 (April 2013), 98–108. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0360131512002862
- Singh, V. (2019). Women Participation in Open Source Software Communities. Proceedings of European Conference on Software Architecture, Women in Software Engineering Track. ACM proceedings. 6 pages
- Singh, V. (2019). Women Only Spaces in Open Source Software”. ACM/IEEE 2ND International Workshop on Gender Equality in Software Engineering, May 25th, 2019 Vancouver, Canada. 4 pages
- Singh, V. and Brandon, W. (2019). Inclusion Initiatives for Women of Open Source Software. Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Open Source Software, OSS 2019. Nominated for Best paper of the conference .10 pages
- Singh, V., and Holt, L. (2013). Online Technical Support: How it Works and why it fails? Proceedings of the Hawaii International Conference on System Science (HICSS – 46), IEEE, January 2013.
- Singh, V. (2012). Newcomer Integration and Learning in Technical Support Communities for Open Source Software. Proceedings of the ACM International Conference on Supporting Group Work (GROUP ’12), 26-30 October, 2012, Sanibel Island, FL, 65-73. https://doi.org/10.1145/2389176.2389186
- Singh, V., Kathuria, S. & Johri, (2012). Newcomer integration and learning in technical support communities for Open Source Software. Interactive Paper, Proceedings of ACM Conference on Computer Supported Collaborative Work, Feb. 11-15, 2012, Seattle, WA.
- Singh, V., Johri, A. and Mitra, R. (2011). Types of Newcomers in an Online Developer Community. Interactive Paper, Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work 2011, (Shanghai, China), ACM, 2011
- Mitra, R., Singh, V., and Johri A., (2011) Cyber learning Ecosystem – Users, Technology and Tools. Poster, Proceedings of I-Conference, 2011, Seattle, Washington 2011
- Singh, V. & Johri, A. (2010). Newcomer Participation in Cyber learning Environments: Lessons from Open Source Communities. Poster, National Science Foundation Engineering Education Programs Awardees Conference. January 31- February 2, 2010. Reston, Virginia.
- Singh, V., Twidale, M.B. and Nichols, D.M. (2009). Users of Open Source Software: What are they contributing? Proceedings of Hawaii International Conference on System Science (HICSS – 42), IEEE, January 2009.
- Singh, V., (2008). Modes of Technical Support in Open Source Software – Peer to Peer Digital Knowledge Creation, Sharing and Re-Use” Poster, Proceedings of American Society for Information Science and Technology Annual Conference, October 2008, Columbus, Ohio
- Singh, V. and Twidale, M.B. (2008). The Confusion of Crowds: non-dyadic help interactions. Proceedings of ACM Conference of Computer Supported Cooperative Work 2008, San Diego, CA. Winner of “Best Note of CSCW 2008” Award
- Singh, V., Twidale, M., Rathi, D., (2006). Open Source Technical Support – A look at Peer Help Giving. Proceedings of Hawaii International Conference on System Science (HICSS – 39), IEEE, January 2006. “Best Paper of the Mini-Track”.