Semester, Number of Students
Available for multiple semesters and multiple students
Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Library & Archives
2809 Woodland Ave
Cleveland, OH 44107
Director of Archives
The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is a nonprofit organization that exists to educate visitors, fans and scholars from around the world about the history and continuing significance of rock and roll music. It carries out this mission both through its operation of a world-class museum that collects, preserves, exhibits and interprets this art form and through its library and archives as well as its educational programs.
- Digitization of photographic and audiovisual materials that are a part of the institutional records of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
- Metadata creation and editing for digital assets
- Cleanup of standardized vocabularies used in the Museum’s collections management system
- Archival collections processing
- Stacks maintenance and inventory control
- Creation and editing of research guides
Type of mentoring provided to student
Students will work directly with a librarian or archivist, who will provide one-on-one mentoring , guidance, and supervision throughout the practicum. It is our hope that the student will create enduring relationships with our staff that will benefit the student long after the practicum has ended.
Level of interaction the student will have with others in the organization
The student will interact daily with other members of the Library & Archives team, and will accompany their supervisor to meetings with other staff throughout the organization. If the student comes during the summer months, there are a number of additional opportunities to interact with other students working at the Rock Hall and throughout the Cleveland community.