449 Communications Bldg
- PhD, Syracuse University
- MSLIS, Syracuse University
- B.Mus., Nazareth College
- Information organization
- Information ethics
- Knowledge organization systems
- Technical services librarianship
- INSC 512 Information Organization & Retrieval
- INSC 524 Metadata
- INSC 590 Knowledge Organization Systems
My favorite thing about working at SIS is:
- The opportunity to collaborate with the faculty, staff, and students here.
- ALA (American Library Association)
- ALISE (Association for Library and Information Science Education)
- ASIS&T (Association for Information Science and Technology)
- ISKO (International Society for Knowledge Organization)
- MLA (Music Library Association)
- Dobreski, B. (2021). Descriptive cataloging: The history and practice of describing library resources. Cataloging & Classification Quarterly, 59(2-3), 225-241, DOI:10.1080/01639374.2020.1864693
- Dobreski, B., & Kwaśnik, B.H. (2021). Dimensions of personhood in cultural heritage: Who (or what) gets to be called a person? In Proceedings of Libraries in the Digital Age (LIDA) 2021. Dubrovnik: Inter-University Centre.
- Dobreski, B., Qin, J., & Resnick, M. (2020). Depicting historical persons and identities: A faceted approach. Knowledge Organization, 47(8), 668-679.
- Dobreski, B., & Thompson, C. (2020). Recreated actors and attribution: An analysis of film crediting practices. In ASIS&T 2020: Proceedings of the 83rd ASIS&T Annual Meeting. Silver Spring, Maryland: American Society for Information Science and Technology. https://doi.org/10.1002/pra2.230
- Clarke, R.I. & Dobreski, B. (2019). Exploring the role of repertoire in library cataloging. Journal of Documentation, 75(5), 1169-1189. https://doi.org/10.1108/JD-10-2018-0169