Chairs the Data Management and Curation Working Group (DMCWG) charged with developing and strengthening campus stakeholders' communications and collaboration in positioning the UF Libraries as a partner in campus-wide data management initiatives and support.
- He has been teaching at SIS for one year.
- PhD, Florida State University
- MIS, North Carolina Central University
- BS, North Carolina Central University
- BS, North Carolina A&T State University
- Data Management
- Digital Libraries
- Institutional Repositories
INSC 590 Information Sciences Problems: Data Management
My favorite thing about working at SIS is:
Working in a research teaching and learning environment that fosters interdisciplinary collaboration.
- DCC Associates
- Smith II, P. L., Felima, C., Durant, F., Van Kleeck, D., Huet, H, & Taylor, L. N. (2019). Building Socio-technical Systems to Support Data Management and Digital Scholarship in the Social Sciences In J. Crowder, M. Fortun, L. Poirier, & R. Besara (Eds.), Anthropological Data in the Digital Age: New Possibilities, New Challenges, Same Concerns. Palgrave. (in press)
- Smith II, P. L., Gonzalez, S., & Bossart, J. (2018). Data Management and the Role of Librarians. GL 20 Conference Proceedings. The Grey Journal, v. 15, 1, Spring 2019.
- Smith II, P. L., and McIntyre, L. (2017). Developing, linking, and providing access to supplemental genetics dataset vcf files. GL18 Conference Proceedings
- Smith II, P. L., Malik, T., & Berg-Cross, G. (August 2016). Rediscovering EarthCube: Collaborate. Or collaborate not. There is no I. Digital Library Perspectives, v. 32(3).
- Smith II, P. L. (September 2008) “Where IR you?: Using “open access” to extend the reach and richness of faculty research within a university”, OCLC Systems & Services, v. 24 (3), pp.174 – 184. [Article]