Janine Pino is an Associate Professor and Catalog/Reference Librarian at Pellissippi State Community College in Knoxville, TN. In this dual role, she leads cataloging services and delivers both research instruction and technology training. She is also the virtual library liaison and organizer of the embedded librarian program for TN eCampus. She began teaching for SIS in Spring 2018.
- Master's of Science in Information Sciences, University of Tennessee Knoxville
- Bachelor's of Arts in English Literature, University of Tennessee Knoxville
- Information Organization
- Academic Libraries
- Online Learning
- Educational Technologies
- INSC 521, Cataloging of Non-print Materials
My favorite thing about working at SIS is:
Connecting with students and inspiring a new generation of catalogers.
- American Libraries Association (ALA)
- League of Awesome Librarians
- Buck, W. & Pino, J. (2020). Libraries as the vanguard of virtual reality for academic instruction. In T. Diamond (Ed.), The Academic Librarian in the Digital Age: Essays on Changing Roles and Responsibilities (pp. 71-83). McFarland & Company.
- Potnis, D., Deosthali, K. and Pino, J. (2017), Investigating barriers to “using information” in electronic resources: A study with e-book users. Proceedings of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 54(1): 318–326.