Rebecca B. Vargha is Head Librarian, School of Information and Library Science (SILS) at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She has held that position since 2001 and is also an adjunct faculty member at SILS. Prior to her tenure at SILS, Rebecca Vargha held several positions at large corporations and organizations in North Carolina. These include Senior Research Specialist in Information Research at Nortel Networks, Research and Information Analyst and Library Coordinator at SAS Institute, and Associate Librarian at the National Humanities Center in Research Triangle Park.
She has been teaching at SIS for nine years.
- MLS, North Carolina Central University
- BA, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
- Specialized libraries
- Knowledge management
- Collection management
- International/cross cultural perspectives for information management
- Management of academic and special libraries
- INSC 553, Specialized Information Agencies and Services
My favorite thing about working at SIS is:
The wonderful students; and since our class in online, it is always fun to meet a former student at a conference in person!
- Vargha, R. (2018). Prepare a Picture Perfect (wiki)Pedia Editing Party. In The Library Outreach Casebook. Chicago: ALA.
- Vargha, R. (2017). Special Libraries. In Global Library and Information Science (pp. 639–657). Germany: De Gruyter Saur.
- Vargha, R. (2014). Volunteering 101: What’s In It for You. Information Outlook, 18(5), 22–29.
- Vargha, R. (2012). Books that Pop! Windows UNC Libraries.
- Vargha, R. (2011). Gauging the Use of Academic Science Libraries. Information Outlook, 15(6), 27–30.