Professor & Director
451 Communications Building
- Information Science, Ph.D., University of North Texas
- Information Science, MSIS, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
- Digital Image Management, CAS (Post Masters), University of North Texas
- Mathematics, BS, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
Areas of Expertise:
- Information Technology Adoption and Impact
- Visual Information Management and Retrieval
- Social Informatics
- Measurement and Scale Development
- Applied Data Science
My favorite thing about working at SIS is:
“The School's excellent students, world-class faculty, highly qualified and dedicated staff, and alumni who are leaders in the field.”
List up to five select professional memberships:
Five select publications:
- Russo, D., & Rorissa, A. (2020). The need for addressing multilingualism, ambiguity and interoperability for visual resources management across metadata platforms. First Monday, 26(1).
- Alajmi, M. A., & Rorissa, A. (2018). E-environments in the Gulf Cooperation Council States: An analysis of the literature. IFLA Journal, 44(1), 56–73.
- Assefa, S., & Rorissa, A. (2013). A bibliometric mapping of the structure of STEM education using co-word analysis. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 64(12), 2513–2536.
- Rorissa, A., Demissie, D., & Pardo, T. (2011). Benchmarking e-government: A comparison of frameworks for computing e-government index and ranking. Government Information Quarterly, 28(3), 354-362.
- Rorissa, A. (2010). A comparative study of flickr tags and index terms in a general image collection. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 61(11), 2230-2242.