- Computer Science, Ph.D., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Computer Science, B.S., Union University
- Business Administration, B.S., Union University
Areas of Expertise:
- Computational Social Science
- Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Social Network Analysis
- INSC 201 Foundations of Information Science
- INSC 360 Programming for Information Professionals
My favorite thing about working at SIS is…
“the opportunity to collaborate with researchers and students from many different fields and backgrounds!”
- Horne, B. D., & Adali, S. (2017, May). This just in: fake news packs a lot in title, uses simpler, repetitive content in text body, more similar to satire than real news. In Eleventh International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media.
- Horne, B. D., Nevo, D., O’Donovan, J., Cho, J. H., & Adalı, S. (2019, July). Rating reliability and bias in news articles: Does ai assistance help everyone?. In Proceedings of the International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media (Vol. 13, pp. 247-256).
- Horne, B. D., Nørregaard, J., & Adalı, S. (2019, July). Different spirals of sameness: A study of content sharing in mainstream and alternative media. In Proceedings of the International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media (Vol. 13, pp. 257-266).
- Horne, B. D., Nørregaard, J., & Adali, S. (2019). Robust fake news detection over time and attack. ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology (TIST), 11(1), 1-23.
- Trujillo, M., Gruppi, M., Buntain, C., & Horne, B. D. (2020, July). What is BitChute? Characterizing the “Free Speech” Alternative to YouTube. In Proceedings of the 31st ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media (pp. 139-140).