Shamika Dalton is associate director and professor at the University of Tennessee College of Law, in the Joel A. Katz Law Library.
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.
- Masters in Library Science (M.L.S.)
- Bachelors in Social Work (B.S.W.)
Areas of expertise:
- Legal Research
- Racial Cultural Competency in Legal Research
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Implicit Bias and Microagressions
INSC 590, Legal Research
- American Association of Law Libraries (AALL)
- Southeastern Chapter of AALL
- Black Caucus of AALL
- Dalton, S. D., Chandler, Y. J., Garces, V. E., Kim-Prieto, D. C., Nicholson, C. A., & Villagran, M. A. (2018). Celebrating Diversity: A Legacy of Minority Leadership in the American Association of Law Libraries. William S. Hein & Co., Inc..
- Dalton, S., & Villagran, M. (2018). Minimizing and addressing microaggressions in the workplace: Be proactive, part 2. College & Research Libraries News, 79(10), 538.
- Dalton, S., & Villagran, M. (2018). Minimizing and addressing implicit bias in the workplace: Be proactive, part one. College & Research Libraries News, 79(9), 478.
- Dalton, S. D., Mathapo, G., & Sowers-Paige, E. (2018). Diversity Dialogues: Navigating Law Librarianship While Black: A Week in the Life of a Black Female Law Librarian. Law Libr. J., 110, 429.
- Dalton, S., & Villagran, M. (2018). Publishing Basics: How to Get Started & Where to Begin: Tips for first-time writers looking to get published. AALL Spectrum, 22(6), 30.