- M.L.I.S., San Jose State University (2014)
- M.A. in Music History, Case Western Reserve University (2010)
- B.A. in English Literature/Music, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor (2008)
Areas of Expertise:
- Academic Librarianship
- Information Organization
- Archives and Records Management
- INSC 511 Information Concepts and Foundations
- INSC 559 Grant Development for Information Professionals
My favorite thing about working at SIS is:
Fulfilling a long-time desire that I've had to have the opportunity to help mold the next generation of information professionals.
“When you learn, teach. When you get, give.” -Maya Angelou
Black Caucus American Library Association (BCALA)
- Alwan, A., Doan, J. and Garcia, E.P. (2019). “Librarians at the forefront of IL efforts with international students in higher education”. In Taylor, L. and Luckert, Y. (Eds.), The globalized library: American academic libraries and international students, collections, and practices. Chicago, IL: ACRL Publications.
- Doan, J.M. and Rassibi, M.A. (2018). “Academic librarians as advocates to the professoriate 'Pipeline Problem'” In Renfro, C. and Stiles, C. (Eds.), Transforming libraries to serve graduate students. Chicago, IL: ACRL Publications.
- Howard, P., Henry M. and Doan J. (June 5, 2017). “Review of SPORTsDiscus with Full Text.” The Charleston Review. ccAdvisor. DOI: 10.5260/CCA.199306. http://ccadvisor.org/review/10.5260/CCA.199306.