Iman Tahamtan is a lecturer at the School of Information Sciences at the University of Tennessee (UTK) and a senior User Experience Researcher at the Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Group and JP Morgan Chase. His research interests are Impact Assessment, User Research, Health Informatics, and Social Media Analytics. He has been a member of the Association for Information Science and Technology (ASSI&T) for more than five years and has served in different positions including Communications Officer at the Health Informatics Special Interest Group since 2018 and the International Paper Contest (IPC) Jury in 2021. He is the recipient of the 2019 New Leaders Award in ASIS&T. He is also the winner of the 6th SCImago-EPI Award for the best article published in the Profesional de la información journal in the period of 2016-2020, the 2021 and 2018 Graduate Student Research Award at College of Communication and Information at UTK, the 2021 and 2020 Edward J. Meeman Fellowship for Successful Academic Performance at the College of Communication and Information at UT. He's taught at SIS for four years.
- Ph.D., Communication and Information, University of Tennessee
- MS, Medical library and Information Sciences, Tehran University of Medical Sciences
- BS, Medical Library and Information Sciences, Zahedan Univeresity of Medical Sciences
- Impact Assessment
- User Research
- Health Informatics
- Social Media Analytics
- INSC 210, Foundations of Information Technology
- INSC 102, Technologies for Information Retrieval
- INSC 311, User Centered Design
What is your favorite thing about working at SIS?
Being multidisciplinary and bringing people from different disciplines such as human computer interaction, information technology, psychology, computer science, and social sciences together.
List up to five select publications, use APA format:
- Potnis, D., & Tahamtan, I. (2021). Hashtags for gatekeeping of information on social media. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology. https://doi.org/10.1002/asi.24467
- Tahamtan, I., & Bornmann, L. (2020). Altmetrics and societal impact measurements: Match or mismatch? A literature review. El profesional de la información (EPI), 29(1). https://doi.org/10.3145/EPI
- Tahamtan, I., & Bornmann, L. (2018). Creativity in science and the link to cited references: Is the creative potential of papers reflected in their cited references?. Journal of informetrics, 12(3), 906-930.