Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs, Professor
- PhD, Rutgers University
- MLS, Rutgers University
- BA, University of Alabama
- Interactive information retrieval
- Human-computer interaction
- Information search behavior
- User-centered evaluation
- Evaluation methods and measures
- Research design
My favorite thing about working at SIS is:
Interacting with the people – students, faculty, staff and alumni – all of whom have unique personal stories and talents, and inspiring visions for the information professions.
- ACM SIGIR
- ACM SIGCHI
- Edwards, A. & Kelly, D. (2017). Engaged or frustrated? Disambiguating emotional states in search. Proceedings of the 40th Annual ACM International Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR ’17), Tokyo, Japan.
- Kelly, D., Arguello, J., Edwards, A. & Wu, W.-C. (2015). Development and evaluation of search tasks for IIR experiments using a cognitive complexity framework. Proceedings of ACM SIGIR International Conference on the Theory of Information Retrieval (ICTIR ’15), Northampton, MA, 101-110.
- Kelly, D. & Azzopardi, L. (2015). How many results per page? A study of SERP size, search behavior and user experience. Proceedings of the 38th Annual ACM International Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR ’15), Santiago, Chile.
- Ruthven, I. & Kelly, D. (2011). Interactive Information Seeking, Behaviour and Retrieval. Facet Publishing: London, UK.
- Kelly, D. (2009). Methods for evaluating interactive information retrieval systems with users. Foundations and Trends in Information Retrieval, 3(1-2). DOI: 10.1561/1500000012.