CCI IT Administrator/Web Manager; Lecturer
451-H Communications Building
Dan is currently the CCI IT Administrator/Web Manager. He provides IT support, directs web development initiatives, and administers web servers for both SIS and CCI and its other schools and units.
Prior to returning to SIS and CCI in 2008, he spent 12 years at UT’s Hodges library in various information technology and web development roles. A 2003 grad of the MSIS program, from 2003 to 2006 Dan pursued post masters studies at UT’s College of Communication and Information, and the School of Information Science & Learning Technologies at the University of Missouri.
He has been teaching for SIS for since 2019.
- Information Sciences, MS, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- History, BS, East Tennessee State University
- Information Technologies
- Web Design and Development
- User Experience (UX)
- Data Management
- INSC 514 Information Technology Foundations
- INSC 589 Web Design
My favorite thing about working at SIS is:
Helping students solve problems and facilitating “aha!” moments.
- Tenopir, C., Pollard, R., Wang, P., Greene, D., Kline, E., and Krummen, J. (2003). Undergraduate science students and electronic scholarly journals. Proceedings of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 40(1), 291-297.