Technology Coordinator; Lecturer
Dan is currently the SIS Technology Coordinator, coming back to SIS in 2018. As SIS Technology Coordinator he provides IT support for SIS and directs web development initiatives and provides server administration for both SIS and CCI as a whole.
Prior to returning to SIS, he spent 12 years at UT's Hodges library in various information technology and web development roles. A 2003 grad of the MSIS program, from 2003 to 2006 Dan pursued post masters studies at UT's College of Communication and Information, and the School of Information Science & Learning Technologies at the University of Missouri.
He has been teaching for SIS for since 2019.
- Information Sciences, MS, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- History, BS, East Tennessee State University
- Information Technologies
- Web Design and Development
- User Experience (UX)
- Data Management
- INSC 514 Information Technology Foundations
My favorite thing about working at SIS is:
Helping students solve problems and facilitating “aha!” moments.
- Tenopir, C., Pollard, R., Wang, P., Greene, D., Kline, E., and Krummen, J. (2003). Undergraduate science students and electronic scholarly journals. Proceedings of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 40(1), 291-297.