Clinical Professor; Coordinator of Youth Services
445 Communications Bldg.
- PhD, University of Illinois-Champaign/Urbana
- MSLS, University of Kentucky
- MS, Morehead State University
- BBA, University of Kentucky
- School (PreK-12) Librarianship
- Youth Services
- Public Librarianship
- U.S. Library History
- INSC 571 Children's Literature
- INSC 576 Storytelling
- INSC 560 Collection Development & Management
- INSC 595/6 Practicum in School Libraries
- INSC 551 School Library Media Centers
- INSC 583 Youth Informatics
My favorite thing about working at SIS is…”
Being able to do what I love (teaching) for some wonderful people (students) while being surrounded by talented colleagues!
- Tennessee Association of School Librarians (TASL)
- Tennessee Library Association (TLA)
- American Association of School Librarians (AASL)
- Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC)
- Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA)
- Welch, C. (2012). What and How We Teach Now: A Survey of Youth Services Faculty.Welch, C. (2011). Journal of Library & Information Science Education (JELIS) 54(3), July 2013; 220-234.
- Children’s Stories Through the Air: Librarian-Broadcasters, 1922-1941. Library Quarterly 82(2); 141-160.
- Welch, C. (2008). Librarians of the Airwaves: Reading in the Ether. In M. Keith (ed) Radio Cultures: The Sound Medium in American Life; 287-297. New York: Peter Lang Publishing Group.
- Welch, C. (2010). Making Connections: YAAN as a Paper Blog? In the Library With a Lead Pipe, April 14, 2010, online at www.inthelibrarywiththeleadpipe.org/2010/making-connections-yaan-as-a-paper-blog/; 5 pages. Invited article.