Class Cancelling Guidelines
- If UT cancels classes, SIS will cancel classes as well.
– UT generally cancels classes due to bad weather; this impacts students, faculty and DE support.
- If a class is delayed because of weather or software issues, students will not be expected to wait more than 60 minutes. So, if the class has not started after 60 minutes from the class start time, the class is automatically canceled and the students should not be expected to join class after 60 minutes. After 60 minutes, instructors should send out an email to students informing them that the class is canceled.
- When a class is cancelled due to any of the reasons mentioned above, the instructor should record a makeup class that can be attended asynchronously by students. Cancellation of class should not mean a smaller number of classes will be taught in the semester.
Course Wellness Guidelines
These guidelines address concerns from students as well as faculty. For the general wellbeing of the academic environment, it is important to have a designated procedure for instructors as well as students to raise their concerns.
If you are a student with a concern regarding a specific course in which you are enrolled, please follow the following steps to bring these concerns to the administration’s attention. If you do not feel comfortable in any of the following steps, please skip that step and go to the next step. In this entire process, if you wish, you may maintain anonymity. A request for anonymity at any level will ensure that you will remain anonymous.
For any course-related concerns, these guidelines are meant to help students and instructors identify and use the proper channels. As much as possible, please follow this sequence of reporting:
- The first step to resolving class-related issues is to get in touch with the course instructor and ask for clarifications or explanations.
- If you do not feel comfortable bringing this up to the class instructor, the next step is to get in touch with your advisor and discuss the situation with them. They will be the best person to advise you as to next steps.
All these steps will trigger actions to address and resolve your concerns.