The Children’s Defense Fund Alex Haley Farm is a 157 acre facility located in Clinton, TN. The site serves as the Children’s Defense Fund’s (CDF) leadership training and development center to train the next generation of children’s advocates. The campus of CDF Haley Farm boasts Haley Lodge, Riggio-Lynch Chapel, 6 guest houses, the Langston Hughes Library, a pond complete with gazebo, and a flock of Canada geese.
“The student will be working with the Haley Farm office manager, Ken Libby. The tasks the student will be expected to perform include duties related to the 2 largest events hosted by CDF Haley Farm – CDF Freedom Schools national training held in June and The Samuel DeWitt Proctor Institute for Child Advocacy Ministry held in July. The student will assist with the following:
This practicum experience is open from May 1 – July 30. Duties include:
- Travel and housing logistics including data base and data entry management
- Registration support to participants
- Book store sales, orders, and inventory
- Support services for speakers and presenters
- Book keeping and paper filing”