Healthcare Informatics Certificate Application Instructions for Those Not Enrolled at the University of Tennessee:
- The GRE is not required for admissions.
- Applicants must have obtained a bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting agency, recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEEA). A non-U.S. degree must be equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from the United States and must be granted by a recognized or accredited foreign institution.
- United States degree holders must have earned a minimum of 2.7 out of a possible 4.0 GPA or a minimum of 3.0 during the senior year of undergraduate study. If you have completed previous graduate coursework, you must have earned a minimum of 3.0 out of a possible 4.0 GPA.
- Applicants with non-U.S. degrees must have earned a minimum of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or other equivalent to a ‘B’ average. If you have completed previous graduate coursework, you must have earned a minimum of 3.3 out of a possible 4.0 GPA or other equivalent to a ‘B+’ average.
- $60 application fee. Application fee is not due at the start of application, but must be paid before final submission.
- All undergraduate degrees are welcome.
Health Informatics Certificate Application Instructions for Those Currently Enrolled at the University of Tennessee:
See the UT Graduate School for instructions on applying to the certificate program as an add-on option. Contact Tom Berg, Assistant Professor, Coordinator of the Health Informatics Certificate for more information.
How to Submit Your Application Online
- Visit the Graduate School application portal.
- Create your account.
- Input your information.
- Select Admission Type.
- Select Application Type (Online or On-Campus)
- Search for Health Informatics (new applicants) or Health Informatics Add-On (currently enrolled students) to choose the appropriate program.
- Proceed to complete personal information, transcripts, employment information, letters of recommendation, and application fee.
Transcripts should be sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Office through the online application system. Unofficial transcripts can be submitted for admissions review but enrolled students must submit official transcripts directly from previous colleges/universities prior to beginning coursework. It is critical that you submit all required transcripts to the online application even if you didn’t receive a degree. Do not send or email transcripts to SIS or UTK employees directly unless instructed to do so.
Take a moment to review more information on submitting transcripts, including what formats to be included.